Plan your new skin care routine for the new year.
Adding a skin care routine to your list of New Year’s resolutions will take a little bit of work, but it’s one that you should take seriously. By seeking the advice of professionals, utilizing proper skin care treatments, and following a basic set of guidelines, your skin will be glowing and healthy all year round.
Start with a Few Simple Things
You can’t achieve gorgeous skin without a proper skin care foundation. Here are a few simple things to remember:
- Drink Plenty of Water — As everyone knows, drinking water every day is essential to good health. When it comes to your skin, water keeps you moisturized, which can prevent you from drying out.
- Get Regular Exercise — Exercising is great for your overall health, and also for your skin. Working out a few times each week tightens skin and helps prevent breakouts by reducing stress.
- Know Your Skin Type — There are typically four identified types of skin – normal, oily, dry, and combination. Being aware of your specific skin type will help when choosing skin care products and treatments.
- Get Plenty of Sleep — Getting enough sleep is often difficult in the hustle and bustle world that we live in, but it’s essential. Eight hours of sleep per night will help maintain your skin’s natural beauty and reduce stress.
- Only Use Warm Water — Hot water may feel great in the shower, but it can also dry out your skin. Using warm water when bathing or washing is definitely preferred to keep your skin looking healthy.
Daily Tasks to Build a Healthy Foundation
Following a series of simple, daily tasks will do wonders for your skin. Utilize these skin care tips without fail:
- Wash Your Face Twice — People forget that simply washing your face can have lasting effects. In the morning, it preps your skin for the products you’ll use. At night, it cleans off makeup that traps dirt and clogs pores.
- Always Wear Sunscreen — The sun can severely damage our skin over time. Daily use of an SPF 30+ sunscreen will help your skin retain a youthful appearance and prevent skin cancer.
- Moisturize Various Areas — You should always be using a moisturizer on your face, but other parts of your body are important, too. These include your neck, hands, arms, and around the eyes.
Weekly Tasks for Classing Things Up
Next up is a list of weekly tasks that will improve upon your daily routine. Try the following to class things up:
- Utilize an At-Home Peel — First, apply an exfoliating cleanser two or three times a week. Then, once a week, add a mixed beta-and-alpha hydroxy acid into your routine to more effectively remove dead skin cells.
- Clean Up Things You Touch — Any surfaces that you come into contact with on a regular basis should be cleaned once per week. These include cell phones, makeup brushes, pillowcases, and other such items.
- Use a Soothing Mask — A soothing sheet mask will improve your skin tone and increase the production of collagen. They are easy to use and only take 10-15 minutes out of your week.
Monthly Tasks to Re-Energize Skin
Once a month, it’s a good idea to bring out the big guns to keep the routine going. Here’s what we suggest:
- Take Stock of Your Regimen — Once per month, take a look at your skin care routine and make sure that it is effective and that you are following it. Feel free to make any tweaks that you feel are appropriate.
- Get a Professional Facial or Peel — If possible, set up an in-office facial or chemical peel to keep your skin fully refreshed. This can help prevent damage to your skin in the future that will be more costly to fix.
- Try a Full-Body Sugar Scrub — The use of a full-body sugar scrub is a great way to exfoliate your skin without drying it out. Concentrate on dry spots such as elbows and knees to get the best results.
Annual Tasks for Beauty Maintenance
Finally, you should take stock of your skin care routine on an annual basis. Simply accomplish these two tasks:
- Check-In with a Dermatologist — Your dermatologist is your best friend when it comes to improving your skin’s health. He or she will help you decide on simple skin care techniques and more advanced cosmetic treatments.
- Get an Annual Skin Screening — Skin cancer can develop regardless of your age or health regimen. Getting an annual screening from a board-certified dermatologist will help catch any problems early on.
Create Skin Care Routine with Beautiful Skin in Clearwater, Florida
Beautiful Skin has designed a skin care system utilizing Skinceuticals products, mineral makeup, waxing services, and more. If you’re searching for the best facial in Clearwater or any other beauty care service, give us a call at (727) 791-6500 to schedule an appointment.