The sun shines past 8 p.m. The mall mannequins are all sporting bikinis. The ice cream trucks are steadily making their rounds. It can only mean one thing: Summer is almost here! But wait — before you grab that swimsuit, when was the last time you removed your “winter coat?” Instead of reaching for the razor, consider preparing for the summer season with waxing hair removal services. Kicking off your summer with a waxing appointment can have amazing, long-lasting benefits.
Read on to find out how you can achieve smooth, silky skin all season with effective skin care treatments.
Benefits of Waxing Hair Removal
One of the main benefits of waxing is how much time it saves, especially for women. Think about it, women spend approximately 100 hours per year shaving their body hair, only to have it grow back overnight. By contrast, the effects of waxing hair removal services can last up to three weeks, keeping your skin smooth and hairless without any effort on your part.
When you wax unwanted hair regularly, it grows back sparser and finer each time. This not only reduces the amount of skin care treatments needed to maintain your desired look, but it also prevents you from developing thick stubble in between services.
What to Expect at Your Waxing Appointment
Knowing what to expect from waxing hair removal services will help you be more at ease during the procedure. Here’s everything you need to know about what goes on during a typical waxing session:
- Preparation: Your skin care technician will prepare the waxing area by removing all oils and makeup. They may also dust the area with talcum powder in order to help your hair adhere more easily to the wax.
- Application: Using a disposable applicator, the technician will apply hot wax in the direction of hair growth. Once applied, they will place a muslin or fiber strip over the wax, smoothing over once again in the direction of hair growth.
- Removal: Now going in the opposite direction of hair growth, your technician will hold your skin taught as they remove the strip, effectively pulling out the hair from the root. Discomfort can be expected but is very minimal and brief.
- After-care: After the hair has been completely removed from the specified area, stray hairs will be plucked with tweezers and a soothing antiseptic lotion will be applied to prevent redness and swelling.
You can avoid experiencing excess pain during waxing hair removal services by preparing ahead of time with the following tips:
- Make sure the hair is the proper length for waxing (about 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch)
- Exfoliate the area that will be waxed 24 – 48 hours prior to your appointment
- A half hour before the appointment, take a pain reliever as a precaution
After your treatment, avoid taking a hot bath and do not apply makeup, tanning lotions, or perfumes to the waxed area for at least 24 hours. Be sure to avoid exfoliating and exposing the area to excess sunlight for 24 – 48 hours.
Contact Beautiful Skin for Waxing Hair Removal Services
Waxing hair removal services are just one of the many skin care treatments available at Beautiful Skin. Conveniently located in Clearwater, Florida, Beautiful Skin offers waxing, microdermabrasion, facials, lash and brow tinting, and much more. Start the summer off right by scheduling a waxing hair removal service with one of our technicians. Contact us at (727) 791-6500 today to uncover the benefits of our waxing services for yourself!